Project management is being increasingly recognized as a vital skill-set for many management positions, not just those with the title of “project manager”. This course provides in-depth, practical, project management training. You will discuss projects from your own organization, and review tools and templates we use every day to manage real projects.
Who should take this Project Management Skills for Success course?
This course is for existing project managers who are interested in learning more about formal project management techniques, and anyone who is interested in becoming a project manager.
Where is this course offered?
The Project Management Skills course is offered on an open-enrollment basis at our Project Management Education Center in Bellevue, WA, (which also serves Seattle, Redmond, Renton, Everett, Federal Way, and Tacoma), as well as at our Project Management Education Center in Tucson, AZ (which also serves the Greater Phoenix area, Oro Valley, and Sierra Vista / Fort Huachuca), and other select locations such as Grand Cayman. We also provide it on an on-site basis anywhere in the world.
Project Management Skills Course Details
- Length: 40 hours.
- Style: Instructor-led, using PowerPoint presentations, facilitated discussions, individual and group exercises.
- Texts: Participants receive a copy of Project Management Institute’s PMBOK® Guide, and a course participant’s manual/binder.
- Format: Classroom. No computers required.
- Prerequisites: None.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the language and structure of the Project Management Institute’s Body of Knowledge.
- Discuss the advantages of different life cycle approaches.
- Understand the value of project charter documents.
- Identify and engage stakeholders more effectively.
- Consider the impact of the environment or context in which your projects occur on your planning processes.
- Develop work breakdown structures to better define your project and reduce the likelihood of missed scope.
- Develop network diagrams that model how your project will be executed.
- Schedule your project and identify the critical path.
- Use various tools and reports to improve project communications.
- Add resource and cost information to your plans.
- Run better project status meetings.
- Better estimate your project costs and durations.
- Identify, prioritize, respond to, and manage, project risks.
- Track issues and action items in a more systematic manner.
- Update your project plans on a regular basis.
- Measure how your project is progressing.
- Document procurement options and contract types.
- Work with schedule delays and modify your project plan appropriately to minimize their impact.
Course Content – Day One
- Approach to Course
- The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide®)
- What is a Project?
- Project Creation
(Read more... http://consulting.ky/courses/project-management-skills-for-success-5-days/)
This course is presented live online in an interactive format over five consecutive days.
Tucson Project Management courses
Online Project Management Courses