Each course participant will be trained in the four components of Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) and the management of lymphedema affecting a variety of peripheral body parts - upper and lower extremities, head and neck, exterior genitalia, truncal swelling, pediatric lymphedema, post-surgical and post-traumatic swelling, lymphedema caused by chronic venous insufficiencies and other pathologies, lipedema and more. Upon completion of this course participants will be able to differentiate between a variety of peripheral edemas and understand the medical indications and contraindications of CDT. Furthermore the therapist will be able to establish a treatment plan for individuals with chronic extremity lymphedema and other conditions and perform the treatment accordingly.
The Academy of Lymphatic Studies pioneered research-based lymphedema training in the United States in the early 90’s, using our traditional program that required students to spend two full weeks in off-site, classroom training. The Academy is now providing a more dynamic, accelerated course format which meticulously blends the optimal mix of online and classroom hours to provide our students with unparalleled quality of instruction.
The Complete Lymphedema Certification Course consists of 135 hours. Students will first complete a 45-hour Home Study Program, followed by the 90-hour class for their live lecture and hands-on instruction. The classroom time is taught over 9 consecutive days. It requires only 5 working days and 2 weekends to complete.
• Anatomy, physiology and pathology of the lymphatic system
• Basic and advanced techniques of MLD and CDT
• Treatment of primary and secondary lymphedema as well as related conditions
• Introduction to the treatment of pediatric lymphedema, head/neck and genital lymphedema
• Lymphedema bandaging techniques for upper and lower extremities
• Decongestive exercises for lymphedema patients
• Measuring techniques for edema (volumetric and circumferential)
• Measuring techniques for compression garments (with certification) - JUZO, Solaris
• Home maintenance and self-treatment for lymphedema patients
• Hygienic skin and nail care for lymphedema
• Indications and contraindications for MLD and CDT
• Billing issues for lymphedema therapy
• ACOLS provides free support of graduates (consulting services, therapist resource listing and more)
• ACOLS periodically offers advanced and review classes
Date and Time: Starts: Sat, Jan 15, 2022 ( 8:00 AM) and Ends: Sun, Jan 23, 2022 ( 7:00 PM)
Venue details: Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson