WHAT: The American Red Cross will host a mobile blood drive at Tanger Outlets Lancaster on Wednesday, July 28 from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Donations are critically needed as the organization is experiencing a severe blood shortage.
Why get involved? Here are some quick facts, courtesy of the American Red Cross:
- Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
- Just one pint of blood can save up to three lives
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day.
- Approximately 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate – yet less than 10 percent actually do
- Blood and platelets cannot be manufactured; they can only come from volunteer donors
- The American Red Cross supplies approximately 40 percent of the nation's blood supply
WHERE: Tanger Outlets Lancaster near Shopper Services Suite 312
311 Stanley K Tanger Dr.
Lancaster, PA 17602
WHEN: Wednesday, July 28
10 a.m.-7 p.m.
HOW: Visit redcrossblood.org using sponsor code ‘ALEXIS’ to schedule an appointment in advance. Appointments are required. Donors will receive a FREE Tanger Coupon Book, 25% off Back-to-School TangerStyle coupons and a $10 Amazon gift card via email. Donors will also be entered for a chance to win gas for a year. For more information, visit rcblood/org/fuel.
The Red Cross is following FBA blood donation eligibility guidance for potential donors who have received a COVID-19 vaccination. To determine eligibility, donors that have received a vaccine should know the name of the manufacturer. To learn more, please visit redcrossblood.org.
For more information on Tanger Outlets Lancaster and other upcoming events, visit tangeroutlets.com/lancaster.