With over a million Project Management Professionals worldwide, the Project Management Institute’s certification program is now a standard across all industries. Becoming a certified Project Management Professional (PMP)® involves meeting certain education and experience requirements, and passing a 180-question exam. (PMP Certification Handbook from PMI.)
The key to passing the exam is to understand the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) view of project management. This means reviewing and understanding PMI’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and the PMI Agile Practice Guide, but also becoming familiar with how PMI expects project managers to apply that knowledge. In most cases, this requires PMP-candidates to become familiar with new concepts during their PMP exam preparation, and/or to “unlearn” practices that they have picked up over the years.
This course provides a solid PMP prep foundation – we present and explain all the concepts you need to know. While other PMP training courses focus on last-minute cramming to prepare you for the exam, we assume you actually want to learn something from your PMP education. No pre-reading is required before taking our course, but you should be prepared to study the materials we provide – it’s a closed book exam.
Who should take this PMP Certification Prep course?
Course participants should be familiar with the certification process, and meet the PMP experience requirements prior to attending. You should also be reasonably familiar with modern project management techniques, as advocated by PMI, and be planning on sitting for the exam within a couple of months of completing this course.
Where is this course offered?
The course is offered on an open-enrollment basis at our Project Management Education Center in Bellevue/Kirkland, WA, (which also serves Seattle, Olympia, Redmond, Renton, Everett, and Tacoma), as well as at our Project Management Education Center in Tucson, AZ (which also serves the Greater Phoenix area, Oro Valley, and Sierra Vista / Fort Huachuca), and other select locations such as Grand Cayman. We also provide it on an on-site basis anywhere in the world, and online using live instructors.
PMP Prep Course Objectives
By the end of the course you will :
- Understand PMI’s approach to project management.
- Understand how the PMP exam is structured, and what kinds of questions will be asked.
- Be very familiar with PMI-advocated project management best practices.
- Possess various tricks, tips, techniques, and templates to help you retain information for the exam.
PMP Prep Course Details
- Length: 40 hours.
- Materials: Hardcopy and electronic versions of the PMI ATP Authorized PMP Exam Prep manual. Access to PMI Choice online digital resources. Hardcopy Key Consulting 3″ binder of PMP materials to augment and explain the PMI manual. 200 sample PMP questions provided by PMI. Online access to exam simulator with more than 2000 sample PMP questions.
- Style: Our style of training is very interactive. For online courses, both instructor and participants are on-camera throughout the course. We consistently receive excellent ratings from training participants, While we make the course as practical as possible, the focus is kept on PMP exam preparation. The course meets the PMP certification training requirement of 35 hours of formal training.
- Format: Classroom. No computers required for in-person classroom training.
- Prerequisites: PMP certification experience requirements, familiarity with modern project management techniques.
- More details: Read our PMP course FAQs
PMP Exam Prep Course Content
PMP Prep Module One
- Introductions and Expectations
- The Exam and Exam Techniques
- Basic Concepts
- Project Life Cycles
- Introduction to Stakeholders
- The Project Management Plan
- Define Team Ground Rules
- Negotiate Project Agreements
- Empower Team Members and Stakeholders
- Train Team Members and Stakeholders
- Engage and Support Virtual Teams
- Build Shared Understanding about a Project
- Determine the Appropriate Project Methodology/Methods and Practices
- Plan and Manage Scope
- Plan and Manage Scope cont.
- Plan and Manage Schedule
- Plan and Manage Budget and Resources
- Plan and Manage Quality of Products and Deliverables
- Integrate Project Planning Activities
- Plan and Manager Procurement
- Establish Governance Structure
- Plan and Manage Project/Phase Closure
- Assess and Manage Risks
- Execute Project to Deliver Business Value
- Manage Communications
- Engage Stakeholders
- Create Project Artifacts
- Manage Project Changes
- Manage Project Issues
- Ensure Knowledge Transfer for Project Continuity
- Lead a Team
- Support Team Performance
- Address and Remove Impediments, Obstacles, and Blockers
- Manage Conflict
- Collaborate with Stakeholders
- Mentor Relevant Stakeholders
- Apply Emotional Intelligence
- Manage Compliance Requirements
- Evaluate and Deliver Project Benefits and Value
- Evaluate and Address Internal and External Business Environment Changes
- Support Organizational Change
- Employ Continuous Process Improvement
(Read more: https://consulting.ky/courses/pmp-certification-preparation/)
Bellevue Project Management courses
Online Project Management Courses
This course is presented live online in an interactive format one day per week for 5 consecutive weeks.